The New England Center and Home for Veterans (NECHV) is one of the nation’s largest and most effective community-based human service providers for Veterans of all eras. The Center has established itself as a leading innovator in developing service models and programs of support for the most vulnerable Veterans. Now in its fourth decade of service, the NECHV is a CARF certified private institution with the very public mission of delivering on this country’s promise to support Veterans who face challenges following their military service. It offers a broad array of programs and services to Veterans of every era that enable success, reintegration, meaningful employment, and independent living.
Today, the NECHV, located in the heart of Boston:
- Provides housing, clinical support, education, and employment services to over 1,300 Veterans a year.
- Houses more than 300 Veterans on any given night.
- Maintains 97 affordable apartments for Veterans with low-income subsidized
- Successfully assisted 98 Veterans enrolled in a NECHV Transitional Housing
Program obtain permanent housing.
- Serves an aging Veteran population with the majority being over 55 years old.
As the largest and most referred-to private Veterans service provider in the region, the ultimate goal of the NECHV is to reintegrate formerly homeless, unemployed, and underemployed Veterans by providing the tools necessary to move towards independence.